Waverley Hills raking in the awards
Posted by Ayanda Khuzwayo on 11 October 2018 1:50 PM CAT
Waverley Hills are celebrating an incredible year, the hard work and dedication has been recognised by an array of awards.
Take a look at a recent roundup from their latest newsletter.
- Platter’s Wine Guide 2018 – 4 Stars
- Gilbert & Gaillard Intern. Challenge 2018 – Gold
- International Organic Wine Award 2018 – Gold
- Drinks Business Organic Masters 2018 – Gold
- SA Wine Index 2018 – Platinum
- Novare SA Terroir 2018 – Top Red Blend
- IWSC 2018 – Gold
- 2018 Veritas Awards - Gold
"The Michelangelo is judged in South Africa with judges from leading wine countries in the world.
This brings the total for the SMV 2013 to 9 major awards from all over the world with countries including Germany, Great Britain, France and of course South Africa. Most wine farms would be proud to achieve only one of this awards for a wine, let alone all of that for a single organic wine.
Taking this into consideration, the Waverley Hills SMV 2013 must surely be one of the most ever awarded certified organic wines in the world!"
Read more about winemaker Johan Delport's hobbies and the rest of the award-winning wines.
Original Article can be accessed at Waverly Hills