The prestigious Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo Cape Town will return to Val de Vie Estate on 2 March 2019. Set against the spectacular backdrop of the Paarl-Franschhoek mountains, this stylish sporting and social event marks the peak of the South African polo season.
The ninth annual event, a highlight on the Western Cape calendar, will focus on the sport that has shown a sharp rise in popularity and skill in Africa over the past few years. It is expected that more than 3000 prestigious guests, many from neighbouring countries and provinces, will pay homage to the high-speed, high-skill game of polo while sipping Veuve Clicquot and celebrating summer. What’s new at the 2019 event is the extension of the VIP area where guests will have the opportunity to track the live polo match on oversized screens and remain engaged with the game.
Colour has always been at the heart of Veuve Clicquot and is a source of the champagne’s creativity and inspiration. It was in 1816 that Madame Clicquot developed the first riddling table designed to guarantee a crystal-clear wine and thus enhance the purity of colour of her champagne. She also created the first blended rosè in order to create a more intense colour and taste. This is the inspiration behind 2019’s “Colourama” theme that promises several artistic interpretations of the Veuve Clicquot heritage and a live fashion experience against the background of the game.
In line with Veuve Clicquot polo matches in New York and Los Angeles, the spotlight is on understated but elegant daywear in chic colour blocking ranging from sunburst yellow to blush-pink. Guests are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes for the much-anticipated divot-stomping during half time of the polo match. This year ‘Best Dressed’ falls away, conforming with the international celebration of polo with focus on the game, social and business networking and the Veuve Clicquot lifestyle experience. The day will also begin earlier to allow guests to make their way to after-party venues in surrounding towns.
Renowned as one of the best polo events in the world, the 2019 Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo will be attended by influencers, thought-leaders and VIPs from across the African Continent.
Date : Saturday 2 March 2019
Time : 2pm to 7pm
Venue : Val de Vie Estate (Paarl-Franschhoek Valley)
Theme : Colourama
NB: This event is not open to persons under the age of 18 years
Click here to purchase your tickets for the lounge or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Veuve Clicquot VIP: R4300 per person*
Ticket includes Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label as your signature drink for the day, a VIP hospitality lounge experience with luxurious seating, VIP canapé service and gourmet grazing tables, premium Veuve Clicquot Bars with a Private Butler Service, VIP Entry and parking, and a premium view of the polo pitch with full security.
Clicquot Garden: R1300 per person*
Ticket includes access to the Clicquot Garden lounge area on the lawn including seating facilities, one glass of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label per person, a lunch menu and panoramic views of the polo field and fashion show. A cash bar will be available including the sale of Veuve Clicquot by the glass or bottle at a special event price.
Clicquot Picnic: R380 per person*
Ticket includes access to the picnic area. A cash bar is available including the sale of Veuve Clicquot by the glass or bottle at a special event price. Gourmet Food Trucks will also be available.
No food or drink may be brought onto the estate.
*All prices are inclusive of VAT
For additional event information, still images and footage, or to arrange an interview with participating Veuve Clicquot Masters Polo representatives, please contact email@example.com
In case you still don’t have plans for Valentine’s Day choose from the wide selection of romantic offerings the Franschhoek Wine Valley members have put together for you and that someone special. Choices range from Valentine’s Day specific treats to turning February into a month of love. With so many to choose from it might be the perfect excuse to turn one day of romance into a weekend getaway.
February is harvest time in the winelands and the perfect time for Grande Provence Heritage Wine Estate to roll out the barrel for their annual Harvest Festival in Franschhoek on Saturday, 23 February 2019.
Get ready to pick and stomp grapes with the whole family to the jovial beat of the Kaapse Klopse in the vineyards followed by a harvest table heavily laden with delicious fare and the chilled sounds of live contemporary music.
Cost : R700 per person
When : 30 January 2019
Time : 10:00 – 15:00
Presented by Willem Pretorius & Ernst van Jaarsveld
To book click here
Please meet us at the Farm Shop
Bonkei is an artistic representation of a mature tree that suggests a scene in nature. South Africa has a rich tradition in this art form and has developed its own style of bonkei that is recognised abroad. We were also one of the first countries outside the East to start growing its own bonkei with local species.
Come and join this workshop with Willem Pretorius as host and learn how to create your own bonkei. Several different styles will be on show and you will learn how to prune, care for and maintain bonkei.
Lunch will be served at the Greenhouse Restaurant and is included in the price.
For more details visit www.babylonstoren.com
Allée Bleue, the family-owned Estate near Franschhoek in South Africa is primarily a working farm with nearly 80 hectares planted to fruit and olive trees adding to the tranquillity which our setting reflects. Our wines are justly famous, having won hundreds of awards over the years and the Allée Bleue fresh herb range is available in most large retailers in the Western Cape.
We produce peaches, nectarines, a large variety of different plums, pears and most of the persimmons grown in this country. Much of the produce is exported, but locals can enjoy the fruit at selected retailers country-wide as well.
We are inviting visitors to Allée Bleue in 2019 to experience the seasons with us and share in the farm’s bounty as it is harvested. Try out the specially created dishes in our Bistro, buy fresh fruit at our public outlets and collect the free recipe cards as they are released every month.
Celebrate Harvest Time in the Winelands with a special concert, Vinkeldae: Luminous Evergreens at Harvest Time featuring songs from Beethoven to Gershwin with Reiner Schneider-Waterberg (baritone) and Dominic Chamot (piano).
When : 26 January 2019
Time : 19h00 – 20h00
Where : La Motte Wine Estate
Enquiries: Angela at +27(0)21 876 8000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Concert starts promptly at 19:00.
Celebrate New Year’s Eve in culinary style at Leeu Estates. Indulge in a delicious five course menu paired with some exceptional local wines. It’s the perfect way to taste, sip and savour your way into 2019, with friends and family.
When : 31 December 2018
Time : 19h00 – 00h00
Cost : Wine-pairing menu: R1 850 per person (includes gratuity).
Where : Leeu Estate
Children’s menus are available for all three to 12 year olds.
Menu only: R1 250 per person (includes gratuity/excludes all beverages). Vegetarian menus are available on request.
Full pre-payment secures reservation. Contact: email@example.com / +21 21 492 2222.
December 18, 2018 8:16 am
Regarded as one of South Africa’s leading wine producing regions as well as the country’s premier culinary destination, the Franschhoek Wine Valley has every reason to raise a glass to a stellar year. Earning top accolades has once again placed this picture perfect valley at the top of visitors’ minds.
Herewith a sampling of this year’s highlights:
- La Motte Wine Estate was recognised as the Cape Winelands District Municipality Wine Tourism Destination of the Year.
- For the 2nd year running, Petit & Grande Plaisir Self-Catering Cottages was named as one of the winners in the 2018 Western Cape Lilizela Tourism Awards.
La Motte, Franschhoek
- At the 2018 Novare SA Terroir Awards Dieu Donné Vineyards was recognised as the Top Shiraz producer for its 2016 Shiraz;
- La Bri earned a well-deserved Platinum for its Syrah 2014 at the 2018 Michelangelo International Wine Awards;
- Well known British wine authority, Tim Atkin MW only had rave reviews for the Franschhoek Vignerons in his 2018 South African Wine Review, which saw the likes of Chamonix, Black Elephant Vintners, Bellingham, Anthonij Rupert Wyne and others scoring an impressive 90+ points for wines in their respective ranges;
- Colmant came out tops at the 2018 Amorim Cap Classique Challenge, with their Brut Chardonnay NV being named the Best Blanc de Blancs at this prestigious industry event ;
- The launch of the much anticipated 2019 Platter’s Wine Guide was met with great excitement, especially by Mullineux Wines, Allée Bleue, Colmant, Rickety Bridge and Plaisir de Merle receiving 5-star ratings for their wines. Plaisir de Merle was awarded the Bordeaux Style Red Blend of the Year Award for its Signature Blend 2012, with Rickety Bridge announced as Semillon of the Year for its Road to Santiago 2016. Mullineux Wines not only received the award for Straw Wine of the Year for its Straw Wine 2017, but also walked away with the title of Chardonnay of the Year for its Leeu Passant Stellenbosch Chardonnay 2016. Furthermore, this was the 2ndconsecutive year that Colmant was awarded the sought after 5-star rating in the Méthode Cap Classique category;
- On the international front Boschendal was awarded Gold as well as the Trophy for Best South African Chardonnay at the 2018 International Wine Challenge for its Appellation Series Elgin Chardonnay 2016;
- At this year’s Rosé Rocks competition Holden Manz, DGB Bellingham and Boschendaleach received Double Gold for their Rosé wines entered;
- At the 2018 Top 100 Wines of South Africa, La Motte and La Bri each secured a spot on this coveted list for their respective wines.
Colmant Brut Chardonnay NV
- With fine dining playing a pivotal role in what makes Franschhoek a truly memorable experience, our chefs and restaurants were once again honoured at South Africa’s top culinary awards ceremony. Franschhoek restaurants have been winners in the Eat Out Mercedes-Benz Top 20 Restaurant Awards for many years, on a consistent basis, and 2018 is no exception. This year La Petite Colombe, Le Coin Français, ChefsWarehouse at Maison and Foliage were included on the list of Top 20 restaurants to dine at in South Africa. The Werf Restaurant at Boschendal was this year’s recipient of the Eat Out Woolworths Sustainability Award. In addition Chris Erasmus of Foliagewas one of two recipients to be awarded this year’s Eat Out Graham Beck Chefs’ Chef, which is voted for by the chefs of the 30 nominated restaurants.
- Marigold Restaurant, headed up by highly acclaimed chef Vanie Padayachee, was acknowledged as a Platinum Class Winner at the 2018 Fine Dining SAWI Awards.
Le Coin Français
- Babylonstoren secured 11th position on the prestigious 2018 Conde Nast Traveller list, while according to the World’s Best Boutique Hotels for 2018, Akademie Street Boutique Hotel was voted as the World’s Most Romantic Retreat;
- For the second year running, World Travel Awards named Leeu Estates,the Leeu Collection’s flagship property as South Africa’s Leading Wine Country Hotel.
Akademie Street Boutique Hotel
In November Môreson’s Clayton Reabow was announced as the 2018 Diners Club Winemaker of the Year in the Chardonnay category for his Môreson Mercator Chardonnay 2017. Clayton is no stranger to this competition, winning the Diners Club Young Winemaker of the Year Award in 2009.
Ending the year off on a truly high note, up-and-coming young wine writer Llewellyn Lambert, general manager of the Franschhoek Boutique Hotel,clinched the coveted Veritas Young Wine Writer title for 2018.
Llewellyn Lambert. Image by
‘It has been a bumper year for us, and we’re extremely proud of our members, who strive to keep Franschhoek the preferred destination for local and foreign tourists. Franschhoek is priceless!’ says Franschhoek Wine Valley CEO Reinher Behrens.
View Full Post and Comments
We may not celebrate a white Christmas in sunny South Africa, but we’re guaranteed to bring lots of cheer to all who visit the Franschhoek Wine Valley this festive season.
Franschhoek may be known for being the country’s Gourmet Capital and home to world-class wines, but for those in the know it’s also the place to be (and be seen) when stocking up on a gift or two for family and friends. Franschhoek’s Main Road is dotted with quaint shops and galleries, all within leisurely walking distance, and providing shoppers with ample to choose from. While out and about you’ll find an assortment of boutique fashion and jewellery studios, world-class art galleries and studios. Specialty deli’s and wine shops add extra appeal, while the interior design shops and interesting bric-a-brac shops will undoubtedly get the creative juices flowing for that next room revamp. The wine farms, which are situated in close proximity to the village, make for a welcome change of scenery after a day’s shopping spree.
Shop local gifts, festive farm boxes, living Christmas Trees and much more at Boschendal's Friday Night Christmas Market, 14 December 2018 at 18:00-21:00. Pre-order your festive farm box to ensure you don't miss out.
Click here for more details
View Full Post and Comments